Thursday, November 20, 2008

Big Window

I wish I could say that I read things for other classes, but this is really the only course I'm taking this semester. Student teaching is more of a full time job than a class. I find myself reading stories about animals, plants, and different animals that live in shells rather than important college readings. The rest of my life is going to be reading textbooks and elementary level reading materials. I wish I had more time to read. I started a book three weeks ago and have only read 24 pages of it. How ridiculous is that? I find myself sleeping during my down time. Hopefully I'll be able to do more reading when I start my MA at the College of St. Elizabeth next semester. I went on an interview there yesterday and got accepted. How fantastic is that?!?! I'm so excited!! This is going to open up a new world of teaching for me.

I know its not the most interesting thing to read about and I know we're required atleast two reviews of what we're reading in class, but all I can say is that from reading what I did today in school, plants have four parts: the stem, leaves, roots, and the flower. That I knew and thats my review :-) I'm so stupid. I'm sorry.

2 comments:

Deirdre O. said...

1. Congrats on St.Elizabeth!!

2. You are so not stupid...never say such a ridiculous thing!!!!

3. Why don't you try different books? If it's taken you that long to get through 24 pages then that means, it's probably just not for you.

~why don't you try the Twilight series...I hear it's really good. It's a love story between a girl and a vampire...my sisters are obsessed with it....it's a very easy read (short, simple sentences-you could breeze right thru it even with your busy schedule)

hope that helps! =)

Blair's Blog said...

haha its funny that you say that because thats the book that I'm trying to read. It has nothing to do with that I'm not interested, because I totally am. With the pressures of student teaching, I just can't find the time and don't have the energy to sit down and do it. It sucks! haha

Thanks for the congrats!!