Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Fav Literary Website!

I know I'm about a week late posting this, but since I was at teacher's convention last week I figured I'd do both last weeks and this weeks work at the same time. Before I dive into my favorite literary website, teachers convention was awesome! There were so many vendors and so many people. I had no idea where to begin. They were giving away a lot of free materials for teachers. My friend Jess and I definitely did well in getting all of that. By the time we got down there, a lot of the workshops were full, but Cynthia Nixon from Sex and the City was there. That was really awesome!

Okay, about literary websites! My favorite by far is J.K. Rowling's website. It doesn't even look like a literary website when you first enter it. It looks like a messy desk. When you scroll over whatever is on the desk, you find access to her biography, links, FAQs, Harry Potter stuff, any news, etc. Even though her website is pretty much about Harry Potter things, its completely awesome! If you click on the Extra's button (the hair brush) it takes you to a pin-up board where you can find a whole bunch of other information. Without giving a long lengthy summary of the website, why don't you go check it out for yourself.

http://www.jkrowling.com/en/

Have fun with it!!

2 comments:

A Quinlan said...

Sounds like a fun and smart conference. But what were the giveaways? Chalk?

Blair's Blog said...

Well, from William Paterson we received huge yard sticks, chains, and stuff like that. Other stands were from different book companies or places that sell manipulatives for different subject. A lot of the stuff I took back was informational when I have my own classroom hopefully next Fall.